See how we build our boots
True skill is easy to see if you know where to look. Steel Blue men’s and women’s work boots are built with premium materials and innovative technology for exceptional performance and 100% guaranteed comfort.
Every pair carries our commitment to designing the best work boots in Australia, a pursuit more than 25 years in the making.
Building something great takes effort, endurance, skill and perseverance. But we know the work is worth it. Our duty is to design exceptional equipment for exceptional work.
See how our most popular work boots are made
Watch the video to learn how the Southern Cross® Zip Scuff, one of the most popular work boots for men and women, comes together.
Steel Blue Southern Cross® boots have earned respect from tradies across the globe. While we’re proud of the hard-won recognition among hard-working folks, it’s the pursuit of doing better every day that gets us out of bed.
We’ll never stop striving to make the best work boots.
A mark of true skill: How we build Steel Blue boots
There’s a difference between “job done” and “the best there can be”. Steel Blue work boots are engineered for all-day comfort and built layer-by-layer with premium materials and the utmost attention to detail.
From the ground up
Our boots start with a durable outsole that provides excellent traction and shock absorption, keeping you stable on any terrain.
Choose between lightweight TPU, with industry-leading anti-static and non-slip performance, or Nitrile capable of withstanding temperatures up to 300°C.
Superior cushioning technology
Steel Blue’s Trisole® Comfort Technology supports every step, with our patented Ortho Rebound® footbed that molds to your foot shape to ease the strain of hard work.
Strategically placed Poron® pads absorb shock in peak stress areas, while moisture-wicking materials keep your feet healthy by preventing bacterial build-up.
Premium sustainable leather
Steel Blue exclusively sources our upper materials from Leather Working Group (LWG) members, ensuring environmental compliance and premium quality. Sourcing from LWG members means our customers are guaranteed the best work boot materials and more choices.
We choose carefully from seven leather styles to ensure each boot is fit for purpose.
Tough outside, caring inside
Steel Blue men’s and women’s work boots will keep you comfortable no matter what your work throws at you. A footbed cover made using abrasion-resistant material keeps feet cool and dry, even in hot and humid conditions, while an anti-microbial insole with flex perforations to the forepart prevents bacteria growth.
Moisture and odors stay out, while your feet remain insulated in all weather.
The best work boots are built layer-by-layer
- The quality, water-resistant leather upper keeps your feet dry and comfortable all day.
- High-quality internal linings provide the ultimate in comfort, protection and care.
- Toughened steel or composite toe caps give modern tradies greater choice.
- Trisole® Comfort Technology provides personalized cushioning and support for your feet, reducing strain in your legs and lower back.
- A flexible support shank supports your arches, helping to reduce fatigue and improve comfort.
- Energy-absorbing Poron® inserts absorb shock and provide additional cushioning for all-day comfort.
- Strong, long-wearing Thermoplastic Urethane (TPU) or heat-resistant Nitrile rubber outsoles offer excellent traction and durability, with exceptional heat, water and chemical resistance.
Explore the full range of Steel Blue boots.