The Leather Working Group audits its members to ensure environmental compliances and performance capabilities of leather manufacturers and, also promotes sustainable environmental practices. Steel Blue only sources leather from LWG members, ensuring the best quality work boots for customers, whilst minimising environmental impact.
Boasting a variety of superior properties, leather is renowned worldwide as the leading natural material for footwear. The durable, yet supple leather assists with less break-in time, making our work boots comfortable from day one.
Each leather is specifically chosen to ensure each style of boot is fit for purpose. Steel Blue’s range of durable leather includes:
- Nubuck – sanded or buffed into a velvet-like finish while being stronger than suede
- Full-Grain – general purpose, waxy leather
- TECtuff® – a coated leather that provides extra chemical resistance
- Pathogen resistant – specially treated with HealthGuard™ so it’s antibacterial, antifungal and prevents the growth of spores
- Caustic resistant – protection against chemical exposure
- Sabre – a Waterproof leather
- Suede – offers a softer, velvet-like finish