Our commitment to quality
Perfecting our craft
You know what a difference quality equipment and materials make and so do we. Since 1995, Steel Blue has been perfecting the craft of making the best boots, and we’re not done yet.
We believe in the difference between ‘job done’ and ‘the best there can be’ and our commitment to quality is a commitment to continue leading the way in innovation with a focus on premium quality and excellence in design. We focus on comfort, compliance, performance and continual improvement.
"Our quality procedures ensure design decisions are made only after rigorous testing, wear trials and thoughtful consideration."
In December 2017, Steel Blue received Footwear Distributors & Retailers of America (FDRA) Responsible Factory accreditation—one of only 20 footwear companies in the world to receive the classification. The FDRA is the peak industry footwear body in the USA. Their Responsible Factory Program is designed to enhance factory compliance across global footwear factories and ensure dignified working conditions for all workers throughout the supply chain.
Workers are worth looking after and Steel Blue will only release products once they’ve proven to benefit the wearer; with a focus on improving foot health.
- Our quality procedures ensure design decisions are made only after rigorous testing, wear trials and thoughtful consideration.
We meet or exceed the following safety standards:
- Australian Standards AS 2210.3 and AS 2210.5;
- European Standards EN ISO 20345 and EN ISO 20347; and
- American Standards ASTM F2413 and ASTM F2892
Product available in Europe and the United Kingdom meets the requirements of the CE and UKCA regulations respectively.
Our Quality Management System ensures products achieve these strict standards through tight and scheduled monitoring and testing.
- We use both in-house and independent laboratory testing on footwear components and finished goods.
- The Steel Blue Quality Plan undergoes adequacy and compliance audits which are conducted by an independent, internationally recognized auditor.
Ongoing in-house and independent laboratory testing ensures our product is continually assessed.
- This includes testing the durability of the finished footwear and all individual components.
- Our Quality Plan ensures compliance to specifications and to processes as they are assured (built in before manufacture commences) and controlled (tested and monitored before, during and after manufacture).
4. Continual improvement
We believe that “best” can always be bettered as we continue to set the standard in safety and comfort.
- We’re experts in what we do as our programs of research, innovation and product development have been running for over a quarter of a century (and counting).
- We seek and act on market research and user feedback.
With the Steel Blue one team philosophy, our entire business is committed to supporting the Steel Blue Quality System, thereby consolidating our position as the leader of innovative quality footwear.
See how we meet or exceed Australian and international standards via an easy reference charts.