Steel Blue launches new Global Sustainability Goals 2020-2025
Global safety boot manufacturer Steel Blue is stepping up its corporate social responsibility and sustainability measures with the launch of its In Our Stride Sustainability Roadmap 2020-2025.
Core to Steel Blue’s DNA is dedication to continuously improving, behaving ethically and contributing to society at large. Through the In Our Stride initiative, Steel Blue globally is taking steps towards a sustainable future focusing on its Big Five Goals, aligned to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
”At Steel Blue, we recognise the interconnected nature of global issues and our operations across the world. Addressing these goals is key to seeing our customers, communities and business prosper while become more inclusive. That’s why we’re committed to striding towards implementing five key sustainability targets by 2025,” – Garry Johnson, Steel Blue CEO.
"Addressing these goals is key to seeing our customers, communities and business prosper while become more inclusive."
Steel Blue’s Big Five for 2020-2025
- We care about Human Rights: By 2025, we will have eliminated risk of modern slavery from within our supply chain.
- We care about Climate: By 2025, we will be Carbon Neutral as an organisation.
- We care about Environment: By 2025, our leather will be sourced exclusively from suppliers with Leather Working Group (LWG) GOLD Rating.
- We care about Diversity and Inclusion: By 2025, we will reach a workforce gender diversification of 33% female.
- We care about Communities: Between 2020 and 2025, we will reach $1.5 million of donations and support benefiting community organisations and projects, taking Steel Blue’s total community support amount to well over $3M.
“We will continue to work with our goal partners to focus on areas where we can drive the greatest amount of change and support the globally accepted UN Sustainable Development Goals.
We have an important role in achieving these goals, championing them to create a positive impact for our people, suppliers and local communities alike. We take our commitment to corporate social responsibility in our stride,” says Garry.
To date, Steel Blue have achieved the following:
- Raising over $1.4M for Breast Cancer Care WA support services.
- Raising over $250,000 for Beyond Blue’s 24/7 Support Service.
- Receiving an FDRA Responsible Factory Accreditation, one of only 20 in the world.
- Australian Operations are now carbon neutral.
- Sourcing leather from members of the Leather Working Group.
- Elimination of Solvent Based Chemicals in the Production Process.
Click through for full details on Steel Blue’s In Our Stride and Big Five Goals, partners and achievements or click through to the individual goals below.