Steel Blue boots are Anti-Static, meaning they dissipate the amount of static electricity build-up on your body. In fact, they actually conduct the static electricity through the soles and into the ground.
This offers a level of protection against ignition hazards such as flammable materials and gases.
If you work with flammable materials, ignitable gases, sensitive electronic equipment or in an environment that creates static electricity build-up (where you get ‘zapped’ from touching doors and machinery), you’ll benefit from these Steel Blue boots.
The Anti-Static range of Steel Blue safety boots comply with:
- Australian and New Zealand Safety Footwear Certification AS/NZS 2210.3
- European Safety Footwear Certification CE EN ISO 20345
- USA Safety Footwear Certification ASTM F2413
Our Non-Safety Anti-Static work boots comply with:
- Australian and New Zealand Safety Footwear Standard AS/NZS 2210.5
- International/European Safety Footwear Certification EN ISO 20347
- American Safety Footwear Certification ASTM F2892
Anti-Static work boots should be cleaned and tested regularly to ensure the Anti-Static properties haven’t deteriorated. Flexing, contamination and moisture can change their electrical resistance.